We believe that our Lake District holiday park leads in our sector in environmental awareness and the provision of Sustainable Tourism.
Some key points are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are fit for purpose.
- Minimise emissions through metering and the selection of appropriate power sources.
- Minimise the use of water consumption by metering, the use of technological devices and collection of roof water where appropriate.
- Monitor and where possible reduce power consumption through innovation and education
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst our customers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise environmental impact.
- Evaluate understand and comply with environmental legislation that relates our operation
- Measure our Carbon Footprint and act on the findings to make changes where practicable
- Use education and innovation to our best advantage.
- We aim at all times to be good neighbours and have a positive impact on the local community.
Skelwith Fold is a unique and beautiful home-from-home in the Lake District. In the heart of the Lake District National Park, we have 320 privately owned static caravan holiday homes. For touring and motorhome holidays we are hard to beat. We offer the highest of standards and facilities as one of the finest touring caravan…Find Out More
Proud to be a dog friendly caravan park We love welcoming dogs to Skelwith Fold Caravan Park. We have plenty of space around the park for dogs to be walked and played with, as well as the stunning countryside of the Lakes on our doorstep for longer canine excursions. Of course, we do ask that…Find Out More
Once a grand private estate, now an ideal Lake District escape To gain access to Skelwith Fold’s magnificent grounds before 1950, you would need to have been very well connected. Its 130 acres were in the ownership of the wealthy Marshall family who, in 1890, built a rather unusual mansion house at the highest point…Find Out More
Sustainable development is development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. Sustainable Tourism is a very large subject with many opinions and assumptions. Many cannot agree on what in fact it actually means. We believe that to try is worthwhile and adopt the…Find Out More
Skelwith Fold is one of the leading Touring & Holiday Home Parks in the UK. Set in 130 acres of glorious woodland, at the heart of the Lake District National Park. Our mission is to provide the very best caravanning experience with the funds and resources available to us, whilst enhancing our guests lifestyle. Skelwith…Find Out More
Our Sister Park
Visit our sister park, Moss Wood Caravan Park in Lancashire If you're looking for static caravan parks in Lancashire make sure you pay a visit to Moss Wood. Our Lancashire holiday park has been independently rated 5 stars and the facilities are modern and well maintained. It is a fabulous family run caravan park Touring Caravans…Find Out More