In accordance with the latest government and medical advice, Skelwith Fold Caravan Park will be reopening again for the new season from 12th April 2021. Please note that if this is later than our usual season opening date of 1st March and this date may still be subject to change depending on government restrictions and medical advice.
If you have a booking to stay at Skelwith Fold due to arrive prior to 12th April, please contact reception on 015394 32277.
We take the health and well-being of our customers and staff very seriously. We urge all of our customers to follow government and medical advice through these difficult times to help protect each other and the NHS.
From 12th April we will be open to a limited number of tourers. Units must be self contained as under the government rules you will not be able to use our shared facilities (including but not limited to shower and toilet blocks) until later in May.
Our touring pitches will continue to have a reduced capacity until further notice as we seek to assist our guests in social distancing for everyone’s safety. Our play area will be opened – but we ask that children are supervised to ensure use of the hand sanitiser provided and to maintain social distancing on the park to the best of your ability.
For the safety of our staff and guests, we will close the shop daily from 12.30pm – 1.30pm for cleaning and restocking.
Please note all guests must register online here with the names of those staying in their party at Skelwith Fold, the dates they will be staying, and contact numbers. This is to comply with the Test and Trace regulations in the fight against Covid-19 (Coronavirus).
Also to note:
- If you feel unwell you must inform us, request a test and go home. You must not self-isolate in your caravan.
- The way reception and the shop operate has changed: We do have screens and hand sanitiser dispensers, but we ask that where possible business is transacted on the telephone and not face to face in reception.
- The shop will open from 9 am till 5.30 pm, however we will close for one hour between 12.30 pm and 1.30 pm every day for cleaning and restocking.
- We would prefer not to be taking cash payments. Where possible we ask you to make all payments by card or over the phone or through the website for settlement of your accounts.
- Only four people will be allowed in Reception/Shop area at a time.
- No dogs or unaccompanied children will be admitted in shop or reception until further notice.
- For the protection of our employees we are still sticking to 2 meters social distancing everywhere.
- The library will remain closed until further notice
- If you wish to view a new caravan this can be done, but at a safe distance. The caravan will be open for you and you will be left to view on your own. No one will follow you into that caravan on the same day.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these difficult times.
Please continue to follow all guidance regarding social distancing, regular thorough hand washing etc and we look forward to welcoming all of our customers back to Skelwith Fold once this crisis passes.