In order for a converted vehicle to qualify as a motor caravan it must have certain minimum features:
- A door that provides access to the living accommodation.
- A bed, which has a minimum length of 1800mm or 6 feet. This can be converted from seats used for other purposes during the day but must be permanently fixed within the body of the vehicle.
- A water storage tank or container on, or in, the vehicle.
- A seating and dining area, permanently attached to the vehicle. The table may be detachable but must have some permanent means of attachment to the vehicle. It is not good enough to have a loose table.
- A permanently fixed means of storage, a cupboard, locker or wardrobe.
- A permanently fixed cooking facility within the vehicle, powered by gas or electricity.
- at least one window on the side of the accommodation.
If the vehicle has all of these features present, permanently fixed and installed properly, then it is a legal requirement to have it reclassified as a motor caravan on the VSC.
If any of the above conditions are not met, then we regret that we cannot accommodate your vehicle on our touring pitches at Skelwith Fold Caravan Park. Non compliant vehicles breach our insurance and site licence conditions. We apologise for any inconvenience.