The following together with our other Policies & Terms make up our terms and conditions.
Glamping Terms & Conditions
1. Reservation balance is payable on request. Our cancellation policy is straightforward. If you cancel more than 2 weeks prior to your arrival date we can refund monies already paid. If you cancel less than 2 weeks before (but prior to midday) of your arrival date a credit will be given for sums already paid. In the case of refunds and credits we may deduct a £50 deposit sum for administration. Credits are valid for 12 months.
2. Please check out by 10:30am at reception on the day of your departure ensuring you hand back your keys. Arrival time is from 3pm-9pm, if you are arriving later please inform reception prior to arrival for arrangements to be made.
3. You must use your accommodation and its contents with care and leave it in a clean and tidy condition on departure. An accommodation inventory is provided in the back of the glamping pod information in your accommodation. We reserve the right to charge you for any extra cleaning, missing items or damage. To cover any loss or breakages a “damage agreement” will require your acceptance before you can occupy the hideaway. Payment of the deposit is deemed to be acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
4. We reserve the right to enter your accommodation at any time for any reasonable purpose, for example, to make checks, maintenance work or housekeeping. Your occupation is not exclusive.
5. No persons under 18 years of age may stay in a two-berth hideaway unless specially arranged at time of booking. Children are the responsibility of their parents or guardians. The children’s play area is unsupervised and must not be used after sunset. The use of bicycles, skateboards, scooters and similar recreational implements are entirely at the owner’s risk. Ball games are only permitted on the large playing field beyond the Beckmire area and on the play area.
6. No pets are allowed in the glamping pods at any time, with the exception of the ‘Wagtail’ two-berth hideaway which may have a maximum of two dogs staying.
7. Smoking is prohibited inside the glamping pods (charges may apply if found to have smoked).
8. Refuse must be compacted and wrapped before being placed in the green Euro bins. Refuse must not be left on the ground to attract the attention of domestic or wild animals. There are recycling facilities on the park for drink cans, paper, card and glass bottles just after the automatic barrier as you leave the park.
9. Please observe our 8.5mph speed limit within the park. Always be aware of children, cyclists, pedestrians and even deer or other wildlife. One car per glamping pod is allowed, please inform reception if you wish to bring a second car.
10. BBQ’s are only permitted in the designated BBQ area and must be kept clean and tidy at all times as to not attract the attention of wild animals. Please take particular care not to do anything that may cause a fire – dispose of cigarettes responsibly and make sure the BBQ is out before going to bed. No candles are allowed in the glamping pods.
11. Emergency fire extinguishers are located in the red fire boxes. In case of a fire in your unit evacuate immediately to a safe distance and raise the alarm.
12. Wireless internet hotspots, where available, is not guaranteed and is provided subject to third party terms and conditions which are available when accessing the system.
13. The guests of any glamping pod will indemnify the park owners from all actions, proceedings, or claims in respect of any injury, damage, or liability caused by or arising from any wilful act, neglect, or default of the glamping pod guests who may be at the park or by the expressed or implied invitation of the glamping pod guests. The park owners will not make good, accept responsibility, or liability in respect of damage, theft, or loss of or to the glamping pods, any motor vehicle or any article or property left therein.
14. Please observe the Countryside Code. The surrounding countryside is farmed and the woodland managed. All users of the park are requested to keep to public footpaths, not to trespass on adjoining land, and not to disturb wildlife.
15. Behaviour should be in keeping with the park environment and should not be excessive, noisy or disruptive, especially at night. Offensive or illegal behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in the police being involved. Offensive or aggressive behaviour or language towards our staff is not acceptable. We may ask you and/or any member of your party to leave immediately if your conduct results in police attendance or is considered by us to be inappropriate; likely to cause harm; or impair the enjoyment, comfort or safety of anyone; or is likely, in our belief, to breach any of this agreement. No refunds or compensation will be given in these circumstances and we reserve the right not to accept any future bookings from you or any member of your party. Please keep noise levels to a minimum between the hours of 11pm-7am.
16. No shotgun, knife, firearm, air weapon, archery equipment, fireworks (including sparklers), illegal substances or similar item may be brought onto the park under any circumstances by you or anyone in your party.
17. To adhere to the park rules which are displayed clearly at reception. Copies of park rules are also available on request.
Touring Terms & Conditions
1. Site fees are payable on request. The receipt must be kept available for inspection and the payment display disc placed in the front window of your caravan. Our cancellation policy is straightforward. If you cancel more than 2 weeks prior to your arrival date we can refund monies already paid. If you cancel less than 2 weeks before (but prior to midday) of your arrival date a credit will be given for sums already paid. In the case of refunds and credits we may deduct a £15 deposit sum for administration. Credits are valid for 12 months.
2. All caravans must be parked correctly in accordance with instructions. Any incorrectly sited caravans may be asked to reposition. Caravans may not be sited with awnings facing each other, this is a fire risk.
3. All pitches are hard standing and heavy duty awning pegs are usually required; please therefore decide if an awning is to be used before payment.
4. Please vacate your pitch by 12pm on the day of your departure unless other arrangements have been previously agreed with the office staff. To be fair to other park users all arrivals after 9pm must pitch in the Late Arrivals area. Your pitch will be available from 2.00pm on day of arrival, however during quiet periods you may arrive after 11.00am
5. Please keep your dog under control and on a lead at all times. All fouling must be cleared immediately. Dogs are not permitted on the children’s play area or in the toilet blocks. Noisy and nuisance dogs may be asked to leave. A maximum of three dogs per touring caravan booking are permitted.
6. Refuse must be compacted and wrapped before being placed in the green Euro bins. Refuse must not be left on the ground to attract the attention of domestic or wild animals. There are recycling facilities on the park for drink cans, newspapers, magazines, and glass bottles just after the automatic barrier as you leave the park.
7. Please observe our 8.5mph speed limit within the park. Always be aware of children, cyclists, pedestrians and even deer or other wildlife.
8. Please do not use makeshift clotheslines or bushes for drying clothes. Laundry facilities are available at the Tarn.
9. Fences, barricades and tents are not permitted between caravans.
10. Please do not take hot water from the toilet blocks or washing up areas. The washing up areas are located at the Garden and Tarn toilet blocks. All water we supply is suitable for drinking.
11. Emergency fire extinguishers are located in the red fire boxes. In case of a fire in your unit evacuate immediately to a safe distance and raise the alarm.
12. Please empty chemical toilets only into the disposal points provided at the Garden and Tarn toilet blocks.
13. Children are the responsibility of their parents or guardians. The children’s play area is unsupervised and must not be used after sunset. The use of bicycles, skateboards, scooters and similar recreational implements are entirely at the owner’s risk. Ball games are only permitted on the large playing field beyond the Beckmire area and on the play area.
14. The caravan owner will indemnify the park owners from all actions, proceedings, or claims in respect of any injury, damage, or liability caused by or arising from any wilful act, neglect, or default of the caravan owner or occupants of the caravan who may be at the park or on the pitch by the expressed or implied invitation of the caravan owner. The park owners will not make good, accept responsibility, or liability in respect of damage, theft, or loss of or to any caravan, motor vehicle or any article or property left therein.
15. Please observe the Countryside Code. The surrounding countryside is farmed and the woodland managed. All users of the park are requested to keep to public footpaths, not to trespass on adjoining land, and not to disturb wildlife.
16. To adhere to the park rules which are displayed clearly at reception. Copies of park rules are also available on request.
Holiday Home Ownership Terms & Conditions
- Meaning of Expressions used in this Licence Agreement and Interpretation:
1.1 ‘Agreement Period’ means the period shown as the Agreement Period in Part I.
1.2 ‘Caravan’ means the caravan holiday home described in Part I.
1.3 ‘Commission’ is not applicable.
1.4 ‘Family Member’ means your spouse, civil partner, parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, brother or sister, and the spouse of any of those persons and treating the stepchild of any person as his child.
1.5 ‘Hire/Hiring out’ means the act of obtaining payment (whether in cash or in kind) for the use of the Caravan by persons (other than you).
1.6 ‘Independent Surveyor’ means the surveyor appointed under clause 16 for the purpose of determining any dispute under clause 9 of this Licence Agreement or for the purpose of assessing the value of the Caravan under clause 13.
1.7 ‘Inflation’ means the movement of the General Index of Retail Prices published by the Office of National Statistics starting from the date of this Agreement. The expression is referred to in the following provisions of this agreement:
The issue of a charge for noting policy details under clause 4.5.3 or
The review of the annual pitch fee under clause 8.4 or
Calculating the sum due from you before we are entitled to retain the Caravan under clause 13.5
If it becomes impossible to measure Inflation by means of the General Index of Retail Prices then we agree to do so by some other index having a similar purpose published by a public body.
1.8 ‘Park Rules’ means the rules of conduct and practice issued by us from time to time and applicable to the use of the Caravan and other facilities at the Park. A copy of the Park Rules in force at the date of this Licence Agreement is attached.
1.9 ‘Pitch’ does not include any part of the Park except that on which the Caravan stands.
1.10 ‘Pitch Services’ means the services which we provide for you and which are listed in Part I.
1.11 ‘Review Date’ means the day set out in Part I on which the Pitch Fee is changed under clause 8 below.
1.12 ‘Site Licence’ means the caravan site licence applicable to the Park issued to us by the local authority under Section 3 of the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 (or in the case of Northern Ireland under Section 3 of the Caravans (Northern Ireland) Act 1963) and other relevant statutes.
1.13 ‘we/our/us’ means the Park Owner described in Part I.
1.14 ‘Working Day’ means Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, unless these are Bank Holidays.
1.15 ‘you/your’ means the Caravan Owner described in Part I. Where there is more than one person described as the Caravan Owner in this Licence Agreement each is fully responsible for the obligations under this agreement.
- Permission to keep the Caravan on the Pitch
2.1 We permit you throughout the Agreement Period to keep the Caravan on the Pitch at the Park and to use it for holiday and recreational purposes during the period each year described in Part 1.
2.2 This Licence Agreement is personal to you and may not be assigned or transferred to any other person.
2.2.1 The Licence Agreement comes to an end when you sell or transfer the Caravan to anyone else including a Family Member.
2.2.2 However, we will give a new licence agreement on the terms set out in 6 and 7 below, giving equivalent permission to keep the Caravan on the Pitch on terms no less favourable than those contained in this Licence Agreement:
– To a Family Member who is approved by us to whom you give the Caravan or
– To a Family Member who is approved by us and who inherits the Caravan
We will undertake any enquiries under this clause with reasonable diligence and we will notify you of our approval, or, in writing that our approval is to be withheld, as soon as is reasonably practicable. We will only withhold approval of a Family Member on reasonable grounds.
2.2.3 The benefits of any payment made in relation to the pitch fees and charges made under the previous Licence Agreement will be transferred to the new licence agreement.
2.3 This Licence Agreement does not entitle you to purchase any alternative or replacement caravan except in the event of a total loss of the Caravan by fire or some similar occurrence. You will then be entitled to arrange for us to site a replacement caravan of a similar type and size as the Caravan.
- Our Obligations
We agree with you as follows:
3.1 We will provide, maintain and keep in good state of repair the Pitch Services to the Caravan except where these have to be interrupted for the purposes of repair or for other reasons beyond our control such as interruptions in the supply of services to us.
3.2 We will move the Caravan from the Park or the Pitch only in accordance with the provisions of clauses 9, 11 and 13
3.3 We will notify you of any changes to the Park Rules in writing as outlined in clause 14.
3.4 We will comply with our obligations if you terminate this Licence Agreement under clause 12.
3.5 We will insure the Park against usual third party risks to a minimum of £2m per claim.
- Your Obligations
You agree with us as follows:
4.1 To comply with the terms of this Licence Agreement and the Park Rules.
4.2 To use the Caravan only for holiday and recreational purposes (and not as your only or main permanent residence). You agree to produce to us in response to a written request satisfactory proof that your main residence is at the address registered with us (set out in Part I of this Licence Agreement), such as a council tax bill, utility bill or driving licence in your name. You agree to inform us in writing of any change in your permanent address.
4.3 To pay the Pitch Fee and other charges due to us on the days set out in Part I.
4.4 To pay to us interest at 4% per annum over base rate from time to time of a London clearing bank (in Northern Ireland, a Northern Irish Bank) nominated by us on any undisputed sums overdue.
4.5.1 To insure the Caravan to its full value against all usual risks including fire and smoke, explosion, lightning and thunderbolt, earthquake, riot, civil commotion, strikes and labour disturbances, aircraft and other aerial devices or anything dropped or falling from them, storm or flood, theft or attempted theft, escape of water or oil from any fixed domestic water or heating installation, collision by any vehicle or animal, breakage or collapse of television or radio aerials, satellite receiving dishes, their fittings or masts, malicious acts or vandalism, water freezing in any fixed domestic water or heating installation, falling trees, telegraph poles or lampposts or any parts of them, accidental damage to underground service pipes and cables for which you are responsible, accidental breakage to fixed glass in windows, doors, fanlights and skylights and ceramic hobs in fixed appliances, accidental breakage of sanitary fixtures, subsidence, heave or landslip of the site on which the Caravan stands, accidental damage, architects, surveyors legal and other fees to re-build or repair the Caravan, cost of removing debris, demolishing, propping up or supporting parts which have been damaged, The additional costs of rebuilding or repairing the damaged parts of the Caravan to meet any Government or Local Authority requirements, cost incurred in the delivery and/or re-siting of any structure at the insured premises, loss of rent and alternative accommodation, Property Owners Liability, Public and Employees Liability.
4.5.2 The sum insured for Property Owners Liability, Public and Employees Liability shall not be less than £2,000,000
4.5.3 Unless you insure through our agency or by using our brokers, you agree to provide proof of insurance by providing us with a copy of your insurance details each year and to pay us an annual fee of £35 plus VAT for verifying the level of cover, maintaining administrative records, copying and invoicing. This fee is to change each year in line with Inflation up to the previous Review Date.
4.6 To keep the Caravan in a good state of repair and condition both visually and structurally and so as to retain its mobility and in a safe, habitable state including the repair and maintenance of all installations and appliances and undertaking and/or commissioning all relevant periodic safety checks.
4.6.1 The caravan owner is responsible for trimming the vegetation for a strip 9” wide around the perimeter of the caravan. Grass cuttings and garden debris must be disposed of as directed by the Park Owners.
4.7 Not to do or omit to do anything which might put us in breach of any condition of the Site Licence which is available on the park in a conspicuous place and to comply with all statutory requirements (including any relevant planning permissions) in relation to the Caravan and its installations and furnishings. For example, the conditions of the Site Licence which are likely to affect you are those requiring the space between caravans to be kept clear, those prohibiting combustible structures between caravans, those regarding car parking and those requiring the underside of caravans to be kept clear.
4.8 Not to carry out any building works at the Park or to erect any extension to the Caravan or without our written permission to erect any hut, fence, structure, TV aerial or clothes line or to connect any services or utilities to the Caravan. We will only withhold our consent to such works on reasonable grounds.
4.9 To give us written notice of any work to be carried out to the Caravan by external contractors and to ensure all contractors employed by you provide us with the relevant documentation so that we can check their insurance and competence in order to maintain a safe environment on the Park at least seven days before the contractors start work (or in the case of emergency, as much notice as possible). See also Park Rules clause 18.
4.10 To permit us to remove the Caravan from the Pitch in accordance with the rights we have under clause 9, 11 and 13 of this Licence Agreement.
4.11 You have an obligation to arrange with us the removal of the Caravan from the Park following the expiry of the Agreement Period (for whatever reason) in accordance with clause 13.1. To maintain standards on the Park and to prevent damage to the Park and its installations, any work in de-siting or removing the Caravan (even after termination of this Licence Agreement) must be done by us or by our contractors. You agree to pay us for removing the Caravan from the Park or for moving the Caravan at your request. Our charges will be reasonable and based on the time spent and the work done and shall not exceed those of a written quotation for having the work carried out by an appropriately competent and a suitably qualified and experienced independent contractor(s) and in accordance with industry guidance. We will provide you with a written quotation for any work in de-siting or removing the Caravan. If within 14 days of receiving our written quotation, you provide us with a written quotation for the same work to be carried out by an appropriately competent and experienced independent contractor(s) and in accordance with industry guidance, we will charge you no more than the independent
contractor(s)’ quotation for the work.
4.12 To comply with any requirement contained in Part I as to Hiring out the Caravan.
4.13 To comply with the provisions of clause 6 and 7 below when gifting the Caravan or when it is inherited.
4.14 To use the Caravan only during the period of year indicated in Part I of this Licence Agreement.
4.15 To arrange safety checks as reasonably required by the park or statute and make available any certificates on request.
- Behaviour Standards
By entering into this Licence Agreement you agree for yourself and all people who use or visit the Caravan (including in each case children in their party) to adopt the following standards of behaviour:
5.1 To act in a courteous and considerate manner towards anyone visiting, using or working on the Caravan or the Park including us, our staff, other customers of ours and users of other caravans and accommodation at the Park.
5.2 To supervise children properly so that they are not a nuisance or danger to themselves or others.
5.3 Not to:
5.3.1 commit any criminal offence at the Park or use the Caravan in connection with any criminal activity.
5.3.2 commit any acts of vandalism or nuisance.
5.3.3 use fireworks.
5.3.4 keep or carry any firearm or any other weapon at the Park.
5.3.5 use any unlawful drugs.
5.3.6 create undue noise or disturbance.
5.3.7 carry on any trade or business at the Park.
5.3.8 permit anyone who is to your knowledge on the Violent & Sex Offenders Register (or any register which replaces this) to use or visit the Caravan.
5.4 You accept that any breach of these behaviour standards may bring about the termination of this Licence Agreement. Termination by us is dealt with by clause 11. Any serious breach may result in termination of this Agreement under clause 11.1.
- Selling the Caravan
6.1 You may sell the Caravan in one of two ways:
6.1.1 To us if we agree.
6.1.2 Or off the park so long as you arrange the removal of the Caravan through us and pay our charges for de-siting and removing the Caravan from the Pitch in accordance with clause 4.11 above.
6.2 You agree to write to us telling us the price at which you intend to sell the Caravan to your buyer in which case we are entitled to buy the Caravan from you, for the same price, without charging you any Commission during the five Working Days after our receiving your letter. If we wish to buy the Caravan under this arrangement, we will notify you in writing by first class post. If we buy the Caravan from you in this way, we may only deduct from the purchase price we pay to you sums which are lawfully due to us under this Licence Agreement and any sum needed to settle outstanding finance. We shall send you the payment for the Caravan within five Working Days after sending you notification of our decision to purchase the Caravan.
6.3 The rights to sell the Caravan contained in this clause 6 may be exercised by your personal representatives after your death.
- Giving the Caravan away
7.1 You have the right to make a gift of the Caravan to a proven Family Member including on your death either by will or as the result of the operation of the law relating to intestacy as long as we approve the Family Member who receives the gift.
7.2 If you give the Caravan to a Family Member or a Family Member inherits the Caravan following your death, the Family Member may apply to us for an agreement to keep the Caravan on the Park, provided that
7.2.1 the Family Member permits us to seek suitable references and to carry out appropriate enquiries,
7.2.2 he attends a meeting with us should we require one and
7.2.3 we are reasonably satisfied that the Family Member will comply with equivalent obligations to your obligations under this Licence Agreement.
We will give that Family Member an agreement for the term of the Agreement Period which then remains unexpired, and otherwise containing no less favourable terms to the Family Member as this Licence Agreement is to you, without charge.
7.3 The rights contained in this clause 7 do not affect the right of your personal representatives to sell the Caravan in accordance with the procedure set out in clause 6 above as if “you” in that clause referred to the personal representative(s).
7.4 We will undertake that any enquiries that we may make under this clause are carried out with reasonable diligence and we will notify you of our approval, or, in writing, that our approval is to be withheld, as soon as is reasonably practicable. Our approval will not be unreasonably withheld.
- Review of Pitch Fees
8.1 On the Review Date we are entitled to change the Pitch Fee. We must give you at least one month’s notice in writing before the Review Date of a change in the Pitch Fee.
8.2 We will give you a written explanation of the reasons for any increase which is proposed.
8.3 The proposed reviewed Pitch Fee will become payable with effect from the Review Date unless not less than 51% of the owners of caravans affected by a proposed increase in the Pitch Fee write to us objecting to the proposal within 28 days. If that happens then you and we shall take the following steps:
8.3.1 Until the reviewed Pitch Fee is determined, you will continue to pay the Pitch Fee at the rate which was last payable under this Licence Agreement.
8.3.2 You will pay any shortfall between the rate at which Pitch Fees have been paid and the reviewed rate within 28 days after the reviewed Pitch Fee has been determined.
8.3.3 The question of the amount of the reviewed Pitch Fee will be determined either by agreement between you and us, or dealt with as a dispute under clause 16 below.
8.4 We will review the Pitch Fee having regard to the following criteria:
8.4.1 Any charges which are not within our control such as rates, water charges and other charges paid to third parties, including those caused by a change in the law or rates of taxation.
8.4.3 Sums spent by us on the Park and/or its facilities for the benefit of the owners of caravans.
8.4.4 Changes in our operating costs including those brought about by changes in the law or regulatory change and by taxation.
8.4.5 Market rates for pitch fees.
8.5 Clause 16 below applies in the event of dispute over a proposed increase in the Pitch Fee.
8.6 Where we review our charges so that you pay a separate charge for a service which was previously supplied and paid for through the Pitch Fee, we shall be obliged to reduce the Pitch Fee by an amount equivalent to the cost to us of supplying that service.
- Moving the Caravan
9.1 Within the Agreement Period, we may wish to move the Caravan to another part of the Park and this clause sets out the basis on which we may do that, for example because we are redeveloping an area of the Park, or installing some facility or are required to comply with a Local Authority Site Licence condition or for access to an area of the Park which cannot reasonably be gained by any other route.
9.2.1 We are allowed to move the Caravan for the purposes of redevelopment and/or maintenance of the Park and when this happens we will give you at least 28 days’ notice in writing. If the Caravan has to be moved because of some emergency or because of works to be carried out by a third party over whom we have no control such as a water supply company or other utility company, we will give you as much notice as we can.
9.2.2 We will ensure that any temporary move to an alternative pitch of similar quality will be as short as reasonably practicable for the redevelopment and/or maintenance work.
9.3 We will be responsible for all reasonable costs incurred in moving the Caravan.
9.4 Following the movement of the Caravan, we are entitled to return the Caravan to its original Pitch or to site it permanently on another pitch. If the consequence of the redevelopment or maintenance work is that the original pitch is less pleasant, or if the move is permanent, we must offer an alternative pitch of similar quality to the original pitch as it was before the move.
9.5 Any dispute arising under clause 9.4 above as to the pleasantness of the alternative pitch or the question whether the original Pitch is of similar quality by reason of the development may be referred to the Independent Surveyor under clause 16 of this Licence Agreement. This does not restrict your right to seek dispute resolution through the courts.
- Termination of the Licence Agreement
The Licence Agreement may come to an end in any of the following ways,
10.1 By you giving us notice in writing of your wish to end it.
10.2 Because the Agreement Period has come to an end.
10.3 By the sale of the Caravan or by you losing ownership of it.
10.4 By us terminating it because you have broken your obligations under this Licence Agreement.
- When we may terminate the Licence Agreement
11.1 If you are in serious breach of your obligations under this Licence Agreement and the breach is not capable of being remedied or is such that it causes a breakdown in the relationship between you and us (for example violence or intentional damage to property), we may serve upon you reasonable notice in writing to terminate this Licence Agreement. In deciding what period of notice is reasonable, we shall have due regard to the nature of the breach.
11.2 If you are in breach of any of your obligations under this Licence Agreement which is capable of being remedied (for example such as a failure to comply with the behaviour standards in clause 5 or a failure to repair the Caravan (clause 4.6) or to pay Pitch Fees or any other accounts promptly (clause 4.3)) or any other accounts, we may write giving you warning, specifying the breach and asking you to remedy the breach within a reasonable and specified time. If you do not comply with that warning and the breach is either serious and/or mounts to persistent breaches of obligation which taken individually would be minor but which taken together cause a breakdown in the relationship between us, we are entitled to write to you to end the Licence Agreement and to require you to make arrangements with us for the removal of the Caravan from the Park within 28 days.
- When you may terminate the Licence Agreement
You are entitled to bring this Licence Agreement to an end by writing to us giving us not less than two months’ notice. However if we have broken our obligations to you under this Licence Agreement and if as the result you are entitled to end this Licence Agreement you may give us a lesser period of notice but should still give us as much notice as possible.
- The consequences of termination of the Licence Agreement
13.1 You will arrange with us for the removal of the Caravan and all other property of yours from the Park within one month after termination of this Licence Agreement however that comes about. In accordance with clause 4.11 above any work in de-siting or removing the Caravan must be done by us or through our contractors for which you agree to pay us our reasonable costs. Payment of our costs in the movement or de-siting of the Caravan will not be sought if we are proven to be in serious breach of our obligations under this Agreement.
13.2 If following termination of the Licence Agreement you fail to arrange the removal of the Caravan through us, we are entitled to remove it ourselves after giving you not less than 14 days’ notice in writing of our intention to do so. If an Independent Surveyor confirms to us that the Caravan is not capable of selling for a sum sufficient to cover the costs of removal and sale, then you authorise us to dispose of the Caravan as we see fit and you will repay to us the costs we incur (acting reasonably) in removal and disposal of the Caravan.
13.3 Where you have terminated the Licence Agreement, we will repay to you at least on the scale set out below any Pitch Fees (excluding rates) and other charges which you have paid us for a period after the Licence Agreement has ended, less any sums properly due to us. Where the number of months since the payment date to the end of the month of termination is:
Months since due payment date Percentage refund due
Up to the end of May 80%
Up to the end of June 60%
Up to the end of July 40%
Up to the end of August 20%
After 31st August each year No refund
The scale of percentage refund payments set out above does not prejudice any further action you take against us if we are proven to be in breach of our obligations under this Agreement.
13.4. Where we end the Licence Agreement, we will repay to you on the same scale set out in the table 13.3 above.
13.5 We have the right to retain the Caravan until you have paid any undisputed sum due to us on termination of this Agreement.
- Park Rules
14.1 It may be necessary or desirable to change the Park Rules from time to time including for reasons of health and safety, the efficient running of the park, environmental issues or regulations imposed upon us, in which case we will notify you in writing to your current address.
14.2 Any changes made after the signing of this Licence Agreement will not affect anything to which you are entitled under this Licence Agreement.
14.3 Where the park rules give us a discretion or require our prior consent, we will act reasonably. If you do not agree that our decision is reasonable then we will agree any request you make to refer our decision to an arbitrator in accordance with clause 16.1 below.
- Hiring out the Caravan.
15.1 Part I of this Licence Agreement makes it clear that you are not allowed to Hire out the Caravan.
15.1.1 You may let friends and acquaintances use your caravan from time to time, non-family members are restricted to a maximum of five visits in any one season and must sign in at reception on arrival and sign out on departure.
16.1 In the event of a dispute that cannot be resolved between you and us, this Licence Agreement provides for disputes to be resolved by the following means:
16.1.1We may agree between us to refer any dispute to an arbitrator (or in Scotland an arbiter) as an alternative to going to Court but if you prefer to go to court this Licence Agreement does not in any way inhibit you from doing so.
16.1.2 We may refer questions arising under clause 9 or clause 13.2 to an Independent Surveyor.
16.1 We may hold a key to your caravan.
16.2 We may use the key for any purpose you authorise, for example if you ask us to allow a visitor authorised by this Agreement to access the Caravan or to carry out agreed repairs.
16.3 We may also use the key in an emergency, such as an immediate concern for health and safety of any person in the Caravan, to carry out urgent repairs or preventative work, or to check the Caravan if it appears to be insecure.
16.4 We will take reasonable care of your key and when accessing the Caravan.
17 Complaints and disputes
In the event of a dispute that cannot be resolved between you and us, this Licence Agreement provides for disputes to be resolved by the following means:
17.1 If you have any complaint relating to this Licence Agreement we encourage you to discuss it with us. The contact to whom you should refer your complaint is given in Part 1 of this Licence Agreement.
17.2 We may refer questions arising under clauses 8, 9.5 or 13.3 to an Independent Surveyor.
17.3 We may agree between us to refer any dispute to an arbitrator (or in Scotland, an arbiter)
17.4 We may agree to refer any dispute to an Alternative Dispute Resolution service. If we have not been able to resolve a dispute with you then we will give you details of any service we recommend, but this does not prevent you from suggesting another for us to consider.
17.5 The above are all altenatives to going to Court, but if you prefer to go to Court, this Licence Agreement does not in any way prevent you from doing so.
17.1 We agree that any letters or other communications between us shall be sent to the address appearing in Part I unless we have told you or you have told us of another address to be used instead. Letters and other communications will not be addressed to you at the Caravan.
- Statutory Rights
18.1 Nothing in these conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or mis-described goods. For further information about your statutory rights contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens’ Advice Bureau.