We have a wide range of facilities at Skelwith Fold Caravan Park
At Skelwith Fold we are proud to have some of the best facilities of any caravan park in the Lake District.
Our latest facilities include state of the art dishwashers from Easy Be – making Skelwith Fold the first park in the UK to introduce these revolutionary machines! For just £1, with no other soap or extras required, all of your dishes are cleaned in just 5 minutes. Our Premium Pitch customers can use them for free using tokens from Reception. But the best part about these dishwashers? They’re great for the environment! They do not use harsh chemicals and overall have less environmental impact than washing up by hand – a real win-win!
Our recently revamped children’s playground adds a whole new level of fun for the little adventurers. Old firm favourites such as the zip wire and all-weather sports pitch have stayed and been refurbished. Next to these, we now have a wide range of equipment to let the children swing, slide, see-saw, climb and spin their way to a good night’s sleep (hopefully!).
As if the revamped playground wasn’t exciting enough for little ones we’ve now added a second play area, our woodland adventure course which we’ve seen being used by as many parents as children.
Our well-stocked shop has all the essentials, alongside local produce and gifts. Click here to visit the shop page.
You’ll discover over 100 acres of Woodland to explore too – great for Dog walking! We have also increased accessibility to much of the woodland with well over a mile of surfaced paths to allow for wheelchairs and buggys. These paths are the best way to see our spectacular Bluebell carpets each year.
Some of our other facilities include:
- 5 acre recreation area with views to the surrounding fells and mountains, ideal for family picnics, you may even spot a Red Squirrel or family of Deer.
- Fully equipped modern shower and toilet blocks. Two of the toilet blocks even have under-floor heating!
- Trust Library featuring a wide and varied range of books for children and adults. You are also welcome to bring any of your old unwanted books and we will give these to our secret librarian.
- WiFi Internet access is also available. If you don’t have an internet device you can use our library computer online for varying rates depending on the time you need it for.
- Large spacious launderette with washing machines and tumble dryers as well as an extra-large washer and dryer for awkward loads. You’ll also find an ironing board and iron, laundry soap dispenser, large drying room ideal for wet waterproofs and boots, even a vending machine serving Rijo coffee, tea and hot chocolate.
Facilities also include:
- Disabled facilities.
- Chemical toilet disposal & Drive over Motorhome greywater disposal.
- Gas cylinder exchange.
- Dog, bike and welly wash!
- Bus stop at our entrance for 505 bus to Windermere via Ambleside and Coniston via Hawkshead.